This page explains operations for NodeCore. For more detail, see: HowTo_run_NodeCore
- At least 4GB of memory
- 2 CPU Cores
- SSD drive (much disk activity on nodecore.dat file)
- 50GB data drive (10GB/month of nodecore)
- OS = Windows, Linux, Mac
For best peering performance, ensure that ports 7500-7501 are open to the internet.
If running a pool, ensure that 8500 and 8501 are open to any machines you want to mine with (if running a public pool, ensure 8500 and 8501 are open to the internet).
- Oracle Java 8u181 from the above guide
What if I have the wrong version of Java?
Either run on a machine that has Oracle Java 8, or uninstall and re-install Oracle Java 8.
How to Install
#install Java: sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer -y sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-set-default -y
For best peering results, allow incoming connections to port 7500/7501. If running a public pool, allow incoming connections to port 8500/8501. If you want to connect remote CLIs or PoP miners, you will have to allow incoming connections on port 10500/10501 from the machines you plan to connect from
#start nodecore cd <NC_Directory>/nodecore-<version>/bin chmod a+x nodecore #run NC (could run multiple ways, such as in a screen) cd <NC_Directory>/nodecore-<version>/bin screen -S NodeCore './nodecore'
Sample linux script:
wget http://mirror1.veriblock.org/nodecore-0.2.15-rc.2.tar tar xvf nodecore-0.2.15-rc.2.tar cd nodecore-0.2.15-rc.2/bin mkdir testnet cd testnet wget http://mirror1.veriblock.org/nodecore-108000.zip unzip nodecore-108000.zip cd .. ./nodecore
NOTE: If you wish to limit the amount of memory that NodeCore uses to a smaller number, change the -Xmx6G option in bin/nodecore to -Xmx4G (for 4G)
cd /<NC_Directory>/nodecore-<version>/bin nodecore.bat
NOTE: If you wish to limit the amount of memory that NodeCore uses to a smaller number, change the -Xmx6G option in bin/nodecore.bat to -Xmx4G (for 4G)
How to run
Run the startup command (either nodecore for linux, or nodecore.bat for windows)
CTRL+C for graceful shutdown
Can kill process
Can pass in a data directory: -d ~/data
- Full resync --> 12+ hours (per month)
- Restart --> less than 2 minutes (constant)
- nodecore.dat file --> 10GB / month
- Memory usage --> less than 4GB (can increase by setting xmx, and Java will take max amount allowed)
Make sure antivirus and firewall are not blocking NodeCore
- NC uses a large nodecore.dat file --> want to exclude this file from anti-virus monitoring
- NC has much network activity (ports 10501, 7501, 8501) --> If networking issues then troubleshoot firewall
- Selecting console window and hitting ENTER could freeze it ("Quick Edit Mode") --> make sure not frozen: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33883530/why-is-my-command-prompt-freezing-on-windows-10
- Depending on your settings, some flavors of Windows may stop processing programs (including NodeCore) if you lock your machine (!!). The programs then resume upon unlocking. This is a windows setting that affects all processes, including NodeCore.