VeriBlock is an end-to-end MainNet functional altchain. The main website is here: http://veriblock.org/.
As of Sept 2022, the ecosystem has produced about 30 million mainnet transactions across multiple networks.
Below are some interesting statistics about activity on the project.
About 1% to 4% of the transactions on the Bitcoin block are VeriBlock PoP transactions. -> https://explore.veriblock.org/
In the first 3 years of VeriBlock MainNet (Mar 25, 2019 to Mar 25, 2022), over 16 million Bitcoin transactions were from PoP.
VeriBlock vProgPoW has had many different pools, according to https://miningpoolstats.stream/veriblock
Altchain PoP Mining for the first pop-secured altchain (BTCSQ, the reference implementation), has about 1M pop transactions a month.
VeriBlock Github has been highly active, usually with multiple commits a day from multiple developers. There is a channel in Discord showing github commits. https://github.com/VeriBlock
As of March 2022, there are about 40 public repositories.
The wiki is updated multiple times per week -> https://wiki.veriblock.org/
The Development Team has created over 30 public products in 6 languages (Java, Kotlin, C++, C#, Python, Golang). It has also created many NDA projects that were not public.
- NodeCore Suite
- NodeCore Daemon (included embedder pool)
- NodeCore CLI
- VeriBlock PoP Miner (VPM)
- NodeCore SPV
- NodeCore GUI Wallet
- NodeCore GUI PoP Miner
- NodeCore Miner (first vBlake, then vProgPow)
- NodeCore VeriBlock Bitcoin Finality Indicator (vBFI)
- Offline Wallet
- Bootstrap Downloader
- PoP Subsidies (with ZelCore integration)
- VeriBlock Web Explorer, API, and ETL Process
- Altchain Reference (BTCSQ)
- BTCSQ Daemon Reference
- Reusable C++ Library
- Reusable Altchain PoP Miner (with GUI)
- QT Reference
- Altchain Explorer
- Stratum integration
- Altchain vBFI (included embedded in QT and Explorer)
- Altchain Prototypes (each altchain has its own entire ecosystem: daemon + APM + explorer + vBFI...): https://github.com/VeriBlock/list-pop-coins/projects/1
- BCTSQ - MainNet launch
- Ethereum (ETC/ETH) Prototype
- BCH Prototype
- DOGE Prototype
- Pexa Prototype
- PHL Prototype
- Bitcash Prototype
- Script Samples - https://github.com/VeriBlock/samples
Continual news updates and press releases -> https://veriblock.org/news/
Monthly status updates -> https://veriblock.org/roadmap/
VeriBlock is a tier1 technology with a large ecosystem: VeriBlock_Ecosystem
The VeriBlock daemon (NodeCore) is 100% custom to be most optimized for PoP. It is written in Kotlin/Java, and not forked from Bitcoin.
The NodeCore Suite secures altchains to Bitcoin via PoP mining. This requires several additional custom components beyond a normal altchain ecosystem:
- PoP Mining
- VeriBlock PoP Miner (via NodeCore) -> this has put 16 million transactions on Bitcoin
- PoP Subsidies - PoP_Subsidies
- vBFI - VeriBlock Bitcoin Finality Indicator - https://veriblock.org/vbfi/
- vAIF - VeriBlock Altchain Integration Factory - VAIF is a set of components to make it easy as possible for altchains to obtain PoP Security by integrating with VeriBlock.
vAIF is a very technical challenge, as not only does one need to create an altchain, they also must abstract out much of that complexity to make it reusable to add other altchains. vAIF has several custom reusable components, including:
- Reusable C++ Library - Altchain daemon can reference this
- Altchain_PoP_Miner - A single reusable PoP Miner to pop multiple altchains
- Altchain vBFI - HowTo_Setup_Altchain_vBFI
- Live reference BTCSQ
A pipeline of public altchain adoption is on github: