Bitcoin Squared (BTCSQ), formerly codename "vBTC"
- Incentivized Testnet: Join_BTCSQ_Testnet
- Official landing page: https://veriblock.org/labs/btcsq/
Download the BTCSQ package here: (updated Nov 18, 2021) - Network reset with 10800 sync fix
Older (Archived, do not use)
Nov - Phase2 - work-around for tx stuck around block 10800
Nov 11, 2021 - Fixes sending tx from phase 1
Oct 14, 2021 - phase 2 update:
Sept 29, 2021 - phase 1 update:
Sept 28, 2021 - major pop stability fix
Sept 17, 2021
How to get started
How to PoP Mine
See Detailed walkthrough: HowTo_Mine_BTCSQ
BTCSQ introduces PoP mining for Bitcoin based altchains, so PoP mining is a great place to start. It doesn't require expensive hardware.
Anyone can PoP mine:
- Download the package:
- This includes the BTCSQ daemon, APM, and VeriBlock NodeCore daemon.
- Start the BTCSQ daemon (like you would start a bitcoin daemon)
- Start the NodeCore daemon. (You can sync from scratch, but the bootstrap downloader will probably be faster)
- Let both daemons sync
- Start the APM miner, connect it to the BTCSQ daemon and NodeCore daemon
- Run the APM GUI at: http://localhost:8081/index.html
- Populate your APM with tVBK from this free faucet: https://testnet-faucet.veriblock.org/
- Start mining!